North Texas Teen Book Festival (NTTBF) seeks to provide a conference environment in which diverse participants may learn, network and enjoy the Festival in an environment of mutual human respect. We recognize a shared responsibility to create and hold that environment for the benefit of all. Therefore, some behaviors, including but not limited to the following, are strictly prohibited:
- Harassment or intimidation based on race, religion, language, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, appearance, or other group status.
- Sexual harassment or intimidation, including unwelcome sexual attention, stalking (physical or virtual), or unsolicited physical contact.
- Yelling or threatening speakers (verbally or physically).
- Engaging in conduct that may cause harm to yourself or others.
- Using or possession of illegal substances.
- Rowdiness, violent or aggressive behavior.
- Use of hate speech.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Non-compliance with a staff request.
All participants are expected to observe these rules and behaviors in all conference venues, including online venues, and conference social events. Participants asked to stop a hostile or harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
NTTBF will support an individual if they would like to notify the police due to perceived misconduct during an event. If requested, a staff member will be on hand during the reporting process. We take all feedback seriously. If you have been intimidated, harassed, or made to feel uncomfortable at our event, please inform event security and/or staff immediately (available at the first floor and third floor Information booths). Following the event, please contact us at email@example.com.
NTTBF, as a service of Irving Public Library, follows all American Library Association (ALA), City of Irving and Irving Public Library policies. For a full list of policies, please visit: Irving Public Library: http://cityofirving.org/DocumentCenter/View/18181 and ALA’s Statement of Conduct for Conferences & Events: http://www.ala.org/conferencesevents/statement_appropriate_conduct.